To integrate your TextUs accounts with Salesforce, please follow these steps:
First, please download the TextUs application from the Salesforce App Exchange. You can use the link below or search for "TextUs for Salesforce" in the App Exchange!
Please install this application for Administrators only.
Second, you will need to edit some of the TextUs application settings. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click “Setup,” and “Custom Settings” (you can find custom settings by typing “custom” in the search bar on the left side of your setup screen)
- Click “Manage” to the left of TextUs Settings
- Click “Edit”
- Check “Use Trigger for Text Activities” and check “TextUs Next?”
- Change the content to the right of TextUs Contact Connect Class to: SOSLContactConnectNext
- Change the content to the right of Activities Service Class to: ActivitiesServiceNext
- Change the content to the right of TextUs API endpoint to: https://next.textus.com/
- Click “Save”
Your settings should now look like this:
Third, please verify that all Task Field “Types” are visible for all profiles. Please follow these steps:
- Click “Setup,” and search for “Task” in the search bar on the left side of your screen
- Click “Task Fields”
- Click on the field called “Type”
- Click on “Set Field Security”
- Make sure that all fields are checked to be “Visible” for all profiles
Fourth, you will need to start your TextUs batches. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click to see “All tabs.” You can do so by clicking on the “+” in the menu row (Salesforce Classic) or by clicking on your App Menu.
- Click “TextUs Admin Settings”
- Click “Start TextUs Batches”
This will allow any texts sent by your users to sync to their respective contact’s pages.
Once you have completed these four steps in Salesforce, you will need to link your TextUs account to Salesforce. This will integrate all of your company’s TextUs accounts with Salesforce! Please make sure that your Salesforce administrator is the one to integrate your TextUs account, as this will ensure that the integration is enacted at the highest level in Salesforce and will translate down to all other users.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Have your Salesforce Admin login to their Salesforce account
- Login to TextUs and stay in the Admin Level of your account. This is the only place that you can integrate your company's accounts.
- Click your profile image in the top right corner and click “Settings”
- Click “Integrations” in the menu on the left
- Click the Salesforce Icon
- Click “Authorize”
- This should open a popup window in Salesforce. If not, please have your Salesforce Admin sign into Salesforce in this window
- Click “Allow”
You may have to refresh your page to see the toggle switch to the right of your Salesforce icon turn on. If it is successfully enabled, it should look like this:
If you have any questions or need any help with this integration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to add text message automation with TextUs + Salesforce?
Our Salesforce app includes Apex Components which you can use to send automated text messages through Process Builder. Please follow the link below to access our TextUs + Process Builder guide & example: