If you use the TextUs for Salesforce integration and you are upgrading to TextUs Next, you or your Salesforce Admin will need to follow the steps below prior to and after the migration occurs. Please note that you only need to follow steps 4, 5, and 6 if you use any text message automation via Process Builder.
If at any time you need assistance or run into a problem, please allow TextUs Support access to your Salesforce environment by following the steps in the link below, and submit a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org!
How to allow Salesforce Support access (select TextUs Support instead of Salesforce.com Support)
PRIOR TO MIGRATION
1. Update package to latest version
You will need to make sure that your "TextUs for Salesforce" package is updated to the latest version. The direct install URL is here: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t1G000000EZKa or it can be found on the App Exchange. This can be done at any time prior to the migration.
2. Edit ‘TextUs Settings’ fields
Once the upgrade is completed and you have access to TextUs Next, we need to change a few fields in Setup->Custom Settings->TextUs Settings->Manage. That page looks like this:
The fields that need to be updated are:
TextUs API endpoint: https://next.textus.com/
TextUs Contact Connect Class: SOSLContactConnectNext
Activities Service Class: ActivitiesServiceNext
TextUs Next?: check
3. Authorize integration in TextUs
Next you will need to link your TextUs account to Salesforce.
- Login to TextUs Next and don’t switch into any other accounts. The Primary account is where you can access the integrations settings page.
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Integrations” in the menu on the left
- Click the Salesforce Icon
- Click “Authorize”
- This should open a popup window or tab with Salesforce. If you aren’t logged in, log in using Sys Admin credentials.
- Click “Allow” on the Salesforce modal
You may have to refresh your page to see the toggle switch to the right of your Salesforce icon turn on!
The remaining steps only need to be followed if you use any Salesforce + TextUs text message automation through Process Builder/Apex Components:
4. Create a TextUs Next API Token
Create an API Token in TextUs Next. Make sure to create the API Token using an admin login which has access to the TextUs Master account!
5. Enter API Token in ‘TextUs Next Key’
Update the Custom Settings to include this new TextUs Next API Token, found here:
Setup->Custom Settings->TextUs Next Key->Manage
6. Check Process Builder Apex Variables
Make sure Process Builder is using at least the minimum Apex Variables
Below are the minimum required Apex Variables needed for TextUs Next to send texts using Process Builder: